Get the look: Chris Beastall’s Stylish Gentleman’s Bedroom
September 18, 2018
For our latest transformation we create a stylish gentleman’s bedroom for men’s style guru, Chris Beastall.
Chris Beastall, creator and editor of the popular male lifestyle blog, Ape to Gentleman, wasn’t even aware he needed his bedroom re-styled until he tried out Decology’s new online interior design 3D Studio service for his blog. He decided to give it a go to improve and update his own bedroom and was blown away by the results!
- make better use of a limited space
- create a more contemporary and stylish gentleman’s bedroom look with a sense of both luxury and calm for more relaxation time
- provide abundant storage for this fashion-loving style writer!
Chris’s loves clean lines, neutral tones and minimal furniture. A fan of luxury, designer flair and mid-century modern furniture, his style is very much a mixture of Contemporary – neutral, with a focus on clean lines, shapes and form; Urban – which incorporates an industrial, masculine edge and Scandi with its minimalist principles.
- Central location of the bed, anchored into the space by a large rug gives the bed prime position, but allows flow all around it.
- A Scandi / Urban warm neutral colour scheme – keeping walls and wardrobes white, a light grey bed and white linen with accent cushions – helps to give the impression of light and air, but with the warmth of the natural wood tones in the furniture and pops of black to add an urban industrial / masculine style.
- Wardrobes are flush and clean in design, with no handles, to blend into the wall helps to create a lot of storage without overcrowding a limited space.
- Mid-century masculine furniture – perfect for the man about town. Again, clean lines with no handles and knobs keep it flush to the wall to keep a sense of space. This is so stylish, yet functional, comfortable and practical – every piece has a purpose.
- Lighting is kept to an absolute minimum, practical and functional. We chose an industrial reading lamp and a low-level table lamp for mood. Each piece contributes to the style of the room.
Get our tips in your inbox
Laura Attolini, Decology Creative Director:
“Chris wanted a stylish room that reflects his taste and his style blog and could house his many clothes and accessories. Aside from nailing Chris’s style, the main challenge for this project provide enough storage space in a room that is quite small, without overcrowding the space. We’ve given him a better layout and more usable space, by losing unnecessary furniture and bringing in useful, yet stylish and original elements, such as designer lighting and carefully chosen accessories”.
This light, airy and comfortable gentleman’s bedroom is clean and modern, with a masculine edge.
Both stylish and practical, it appears larger than its dimensions and now contains all the clothes storage that Chris requires, while maintaining a sense of space where he can relax and spend more down-time.
“To begin with, being someone who writes about style – I was certain I didn’t need an interior designer to improve my space, but having seen the results from Decology, I rescind that earlier statement. In fact, my original room looks terrible – and the Decology design, fantastic. A great service I didn’t know I needed until now, and very reasonably priced too.” Chris Beastall.
View the final look here.
Browse the individual pieces or try it out in your own space via our 3D Studio.